Search This Site
Pocahontas Braid Out Video Tutorial
What we will accomplish in this lesson:
This video lesson will show you how to create Pocahontas braids, which are two basic side braids.
This technique is perfect for:
Air-Dry Prep Tools
Two satin rollers
1. Watch and complete the Air-Dry Prep, letting the hair airdry for 20-30 minutes
2. Create a center part.
3. Take one section and break it into three distinct parts.
4. Braid the hair tightly and secure the ends with satin roller.
5. Create an identical braid on the second section.
6. Smooth down any fly-aways and cover with a satin scarf or du rag.
7. Let dry and then unravel. Make sure the hair is completely dry before unraveling.
8. To style, wear down, up in a ponytail, bun or updo.
I love this method because it is a quick and easy way to air-dry longer hair lengths. Usually, it takes hours! But this style can be completed in 15 minutes and will dry overnight. This makes is great for frequent exercisers, students, busy moms and anyone else who needs a quick and easy style. In addition, you can easily rebraid it each night, keeping the curls soft and fresh.
Final Results - 100% Heat Free!
Assignment #4 - If you can, try the Pocahontas braid out method! What do you like and dislike about this method?