Search This Site
Easy Braid Out Video Tutorial
What we will accomplish in this lesson:
This video lesson will show you how to do a super easy overnight braid out.
Please note - A few of you may have already seen this tutorial. It's an "oldie but a goodie"! We shot it a few months ago so the lighting is a bit dark but it clearly outlines the braid out technique. Although we have changed our video format, it wouldn't be an air-dry course without this signature style!
This technique is perfect for:
Air-Dry Prep Tools
Multiple Satin Covered Rollers
1. Watch and complete the Air-Dry Prep, letting the hair airdry for 20-30 minutes
2. Create a center or side part.
3. Make a vertical section and then split that section into two horizontal sections.
4. Braid the horizontal section tightly and secure the ends with satin roller.
5. Braid the second horizontal section and secure with a roller. Section off an additional vertical section and follow the same steps.
6. Continue until the entire head is braided. Smooth down any fly-aways and cover with a satin scarf.
7. Let dry overnight and then unravel. Make sure the hair is completely dry before unraveling or the curls will drop and frizz.
8. To style, wear down, up in a ponytail, bun or updo.
I love this method because it is a quick and easy way to air-dry all hair types and lengths. This style can be completed in 15 minutes and will dry overnight. This makes is great for frequent exercisers, students, busy moms and anyone else who needs a quick and easy style. In addition, you can easily rebraid it each night, keeping the curls soft and fresh.
Final Results - 100% Heat Free!