Search This Site
Setting Course Lesson Two - Large Curl Setting
Please Note - You Must be a Member to view the videos and comments
What we will accomplish in this lesson:
This video lesson will show you how to create large curls or straight hair with a light bend at the end, using rollers.
This is a great style for women looking for a polished look without the blow dryer or flat iron.
1. Watch and complete the Setting Prep Video.
2. Create three sections. One horizontal section and two vertical sections.
3. Starting with the center section, add rollers and use clips to stay in place. Add a spritz of setting lotion before rolling for extra hold.
4. Finish center sections and move on to sides.
5. Dry completely under a hood dryer. Drying time should be approximately 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on thickness and length.
5. Remove rollers and test to make sure hair is completely dry.
1. Use a boar bristle brush to lay down roots
2. Flat iron roots and finger comb to retain curls and waves
3. Blow out roots and wrap for straight hair with body.
1. Wrap for sleek hair
2. Add satin rollers for waves
3. If wearing curly, pin curl waves.
Note - If you usually use a rollers that are a size smaller, make slightly larger sections when setting.
Note - If you have trouble fitting under your hood dryer, try setting the mohawk on large rollers and the sides on smaller rollers. This should allow you to fit comfortably under the dryer hood.
Products Used in this Video
Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Keracare Leave-in Conditioner
Simply Healthy Hair Serum
Keracare Setting Lotion (optional)
Note - My hair turned out a bit duller than usual. Next week, I will start with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the product residue.
Note - In the video, I mentioned I would flat iron the roots. I blew them out instead!
The Final Results - Large Curl Setting
The Final Results - After Drying and Blowing Out the Roots
Assignment #1 - Try using rollers that are one size larger for your hair. Make a note of the following: