Search This Site
Setting Course Lesson Six - Flexi Rod Setting
Please Note - You must be a member to view the videos and comments
Video #1 - How to Start Setting
Video #2 - Setting the Sides
Video #3 - Finishing the Set
Video #4 - The Final Result!
What we will accomplish in this lesson:
This video lesson will show you how to set your hair on flexi rods. This video is a must see if you are transitioning and want a style that blends your new growth and relaxed hair. In addition, its a great way to add volume and thickness to fine hair.
1. Watch and complete the Setting Prep Video.
2. Starting from the back, part one inch sections and add rods.
3. Keep moving up the hair until you complete the set.
4. Dry completely under a hood dryer. Drying time should be approximately 50 minutes to 90 minutes depending on thickness and length.
5. Remove rods and test to make sure hair is completely dry.
1. Wear out or pin back curls in an updo. Add accessories - headbands, jeweled clips and scarves can add style to this look.
1. Spritz with leave-in conditioner
2. Re-roll or reform any droopy curls.
3. Flip over head and cover with a satin cap.
Assignment #6 - Do a flexi rod set. Make a note of the following: