Search This Site
Setting Course Lesson Ten - Easy Waves!
What we will accomplish in this lesson:
This video lesson will show you how to create easy waves using your hood dryer!
The concept is easy! Just style the hair using the techniques outlined in the Air-Drying Course and sit under a hood dryer to dry.
Buns, Single Braids, French Braids, Bantu knots can all be applied to wet hair and dried under a hood dryer.
The end result is wavy or curly hair with a little extra bounce and softness!
In this video lesson, I do a quick braid set that I wear down or style in a curly bun that is perfect for work, school or busy weekends.
Video Demonstration: Please Note - You must be a member to view the video and comments
Video #1 - Prepping the Set
Video #2 - Removing the Braids
Video #3 - Finishing the Look
1. Watch and complete the Setting Prep Video.
2. Following the technique demonstrated in the video, add the braids, twists, knots or buns.
3. Dry completely under a hood dryer. Drying time should be approximately 50 minutes to 90 minutes depending on thickness and length.
4. Remove a braid, bun, twist or knotw and test to make sure hair is completely dry. Then, style.
1. Seperate curls in two and then style!
1. Scrunch a moisturizer and/or oil into the hair and cover with a satin cap.
The End Result:
Assignment #10 - Perform a Braid/Bun/Bantu knot or Twist set. Make a note of the following: