publication date: Feb 3, 2011
author/source: Gennifer Miller
What we will accomplish in this lesson:
will teach you how to condition while you work out. This is a great technique for women who need to wash frequently and worry about dehydrating their hair.Tools:
- Oil and/or conditioner
- 1 Hair tie
Apply a generous amount of oil and/or conditioner to the hair
2. Brush through to distribute
3. Gather into a ponytail
4. Cover with a headband of silk scarf.
Why It Works:
- As your body heat rises, the conditioner or oil treatment will penetrate the hair more effectively, increasing moisture and elasticity.
- The treatment acts as a barrier while you workout, preventing the hair from absorbing sweat and toxins into the hair shaft.
- The treatment acts as a barrier during the washing process, preventing the harsh detergents in the shampoo from stripping and dehydrating the hair over time.
Video Lesson 1 - Applying the Oil! Please note - You must be a member to view video and make comments!
Assignment #1 -
Try conditioning while you work out!