My Hair Regimen
Listed below is my general haircare regimen. I have been using this regimen since 2006 and credit it for my hair's health.
I have a 4a/b relaxed hair. I relax every 8-10 weeks with Vitale or Affirm and trim my ends every 8-10 weeks.
- I begin by applying Sweet Almond oil or conditioner to dry hair. I let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse.
- I shampoo once with Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo and a second time with Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo
- I apply Kercare Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner and sit under my Heutiful Steamer for 20 minutes.
- I rinse out the conditioner and apply a quarter size amount of Keracare leave-in conditioner and serum. I then roller set my hair using the method shown in the Healthy Textures' Guide to Roller Setting DVD.
- I sit under a hood dryer for 1 hour and 20 minutes. After my hair is dry, I remove the rollers and wrap for a sleek look or pin curl for soft waves.
- In the morning, I unwrap or pin curl the hair and go. At night, I apply a dime size amount of moisturizer to the hair and wrap or pin curl.
At night, I moisturize with Keracare Conditioning Creme Headdress, fluff and go!
- I wash once a week with a moisturizing detangling shampoo and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. In between washes, I co-wash with a cheap conditioner.
- I apply leave-in conditioner, serum and oil and then bun, braid, bantu knot or roll my hair using the techniques shown in the Air-Drying Course videos.
- In the morning, I fluff and go. At night, I apply a dime size amount of product and scrunch into the hair. Cover with a satin cap and hit the sack!